Install Android 2.2 on LG GW620 Korean official ROM
This tutorial explains how to install the official version of Android 2.2 (Froyo) in the LG GW620 . This version is only in English and koreano . If you want it in Spanish, all I've found so far is the Gingerbread (2.3.3). After several tests with the version of OpenEve / CyanogenMod (2.3.3 and 2.3.4), my personal opinion is not yet sufficiently stable. I could download and install an alpha version (2.3.3) and beta (2.3.4), and both have been various and frequent problems of stability, so do not recommend it. This tutorial is a long and complex, if not done anything like this before with another android terminal, you'll need at least a couple of hours to complete, and I recommend printing (will be 5 to 8 pages). The first time I should spend many more hours, but I collect things from several tutorials. Most texts come from this site: LG Eve Android Froyo (2.2) LG Official Rom . I took those texts published by entering comments in some things I had problems. Finally, if you've done this before (rootear the phone, etc.), you can skip everything and go to Step 4 , that's where really are installing a new system. All the above steps are only necessary steps to do so.
Before starting we need to have a few things. The steps that follow are: 1 - Install the Android SDK 2 - Give root access to our LG Eve 3 - Install LG ROM that allows us to start Fastboot Mode 4 - Fastboot mode to copy the system image
As a first step , we will install the Android SDK :
1) The need JAVA SDK, you must first go to http://www.java.com to download the virtual machine if it is not installed.
2) Download the SDK from here : for Windows Mac or Linux.
3) decompress the file in a directory and within that directory will be another 3 folders called tools, add-ons, and platforms, a text file and "sdk setup.exe". Run the setup.exe sdk
4) Out now a window in which the left there are several options. Available selected packages. - In the right leaves a web address Android repository. Then hit the "+" we have to deploy all available packages to download and install the package and mark "USB Driver package" and click on "install selected"
5) On the phone Let's "Settings" "applications" "Development" and mark the box "USB Debugging" - Connect your phone to the USB of the computer and when the hardware wizard asked if you want to automatically install the driver or in manually selected manually. selected with the browser where we have installed SDK and seek the following folder "Android-sdk-windowsusb_driver" - We should have installed a device called "Android composite ADB Interface"
6) To verify that everything went well click on Start, Run and type "cmd." - On the command line that has come to our portfolio where we have installed the SDK. - We go to the folder "Android-sdk-windowstools "by command line (to list a folder is DIR and to enter a CD folder is" Folder name ". - Run the command "adb devices" in the command line. (You must leave something like "XXXXXXXXXXXXX device" means you are acknowledging our phone in "USB debugging")
1) The phone should turn on debugging or debug mode, for that we go to -> SETTINGS -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
2) The GW620 we type 3845 # * 620 # to access the Service Menu
3) We click on "Module Test" then go back to click on "Stability Test" and then we click on "Enable Root Permission" - If when you click on "Enable Root Permission" asks for a password enter the following without quotes: " ADAM & EVE 620LOVE &&! "
4) Provide access ROOT NOTE: The antivirus I detected this application (SuperOneClick) as a virus, but I've used without problem. If you do not want to use it and do it manually, skip to step 5a.
SuperOneClick downloaded from the following address :
- Unzip ShortFuse.zip SuperOneClickv1.5.5- activate the phone-in debugging mode, for this go to "Settings / Applications / Development" and select "USB debugging", then connect the phone. -Open the application SuperOneClick. , We press where says 'Root' - hope and ready!
If the previous step is used, skip to step 16, otherwise we will do the following
5a) unloaded the superuser, and unzip into the tools folder of our directory where we installed the SDK for us to stay inside the tools folder another folder called superuser
6) Open the Windows command window (Start - Run and teclemos cmd) In the command window type "cd / androidsdk / tools" and press enter, it will comply with the SDK tools folder.
7) write "adb shell" and press enter (This will get into your terminal)
Giving will enter a line beginning with # (if for some reason the line begins with $ restart the phone and if you still still see $ restart the mobile and PC.
9) If the line started by # type "exit" to return to the command window pc.
10) Type "adb remount" and hit enter (this will mount the file system on the phone and you can write to it)
11) Type "adb shell cat / system / xbin / your> / system / xbin / su.original" and hit enter If this ruling gives "can not find the path specified" do the following -Write only " adb shell "and enter -will come out on the screen # -Type "cat / system / xbin / your> / system / xbin / su.original" , then type exit and enter. You can now continue with the tutorial.
12) Type "adb push superuser / bin / su / system / xbin / su" and hit enter
13) Type "adb push superuser / bin / su / system / bin / su" and hit enter
14) Type "adb shell chmod 4755 / system / xbin / su" and hit enter
15) Type "adb shell chmod 4755 / system / bin / su" and hit enter
16) Type "adb install-r superuser / bin / Superuser.apk" and hit enter
Now we are on the third step , we need to change the ROM to make Fastboot because the version that comes with the phone does not have that option, or good, was not there.
- Key in: 3845 # * 620 # - In the window that appears go to -> All In Module Test -> Stability Test -> Enable Root Permission. If we were asked for a password put the following without quotes "EVE & ADAM && 620LOVE! "
EYE with the file size! There are some links that have smaller ROMs that do not work. What you're looking for is a file that occupies about 116MB . As an aside, this article confirms that Orange in Spain work in the band 900 and 1800 MHz ( http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Espa% C3% B1a )
- Disable mode "Debug" -> SETTINGS -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
- We install and execute the BC2APPSetup.eze
- We Click the button that starts on the left where it says USB driver and select install GW620 on the list that we go out.
- Unzip the LG UTILS in C: LGEVE
- Put the file or V10G_00.kdz V10H_00.kdz (depending on whether it is 850 Mhz or 900 Mhz 3G 3G) in the folder C: LGEVE
- Open the file KP500-Utils-EN that is inside C: LGEVE
- Escribirmos the letter "I" and give it to enter
- We write C: LGEVEV10H_00.kdz and give it to enter
- Connect your mobile to PC, and we hope to install the drivers
- The KP500-UTIL window type "J" and press enter
- Now write GW620 and press enter
- Now write C: and press enter LGEVEV10G_00.cab
- Write V10G_00 and press enter
- The LG software update will run and neustro terminal MT will flash.
- We will wait for the flashing process reaches 100% and restart the phone
- We will get a logo ORANGE, it may take a while
- The Cell Key in 3845 # * 620 # and a -> Factory Reset -> Reset Factory
We have reached our final part of the manual is the installation of the ROM or the Froyo OpenEve.
OPTION 1: OpenEve - The first thing is to download from the official website the necessary files. This is the development page, where you hang the operating system images you want to install. At the time of this article, was available a beta version of 2.3.4 (which was unstable on my mobile and I had to remove it).http://code.google.com/p/openeve/downloads/list Need two types of files, a system-etc (over 70MB) and a gb-recovery.img (about 4 MB). The exact name may vary depending on the version you have at that time. system-gb-20110529-BETA.zip (74.0 MB) gb-recovery.img (4.0 MB)
Download the file boot-gb234-110429-snapshot-236mb.zip (3.9MB) which contains the code improvements, expansion of the RAM boot-gb234-110429-snapshot-236mb.zip and for GAPPS gapps-gb -20110503-signed.zip (gapps are the google applications). Rename the files to update.zip and gapps.zip We copy both files "update.zip" and "gapps.zip" at the root of the SD. Finally, back to insert the SD card into the phone.
BELOW (COMMON FOR BOTH OPTIONS) - Save the files in the SDK tools folder , and unzip the file system-... -. zip
- Rename files "gb-recovery.img" a "boot" and "system-gb-etc" to "system".
Now what we will do is go into fastboot mode on the phone.
- To do this do the following according to the rom you have on your terminal: * Close the keyboard. * Remove the battery. * Bring it to market. * Open the keyboard. * Turn on the phone with the keyboard on. And the moment that lights up the screen, and before it has left no letter or logo yet (1 to 2 seconds) press the spacebar. OJO here: Do not keep the space down from the beginning (before starting) does not work. The process is exactly that: turn on, wait 1 or 2 seconds, and then press space (and hold) If not, it may also be because you have a version protected by an operator (in my case, Orange). To fix this, I installed a free ROM GW620 V10G_00.kdz (looked at the steps above?)
- We will see the LG logo on Black background and the letters "www.lgmobile.com " in the middle of the screen, top left will display some data:
- Next we will connect your phone to PC via USB and hope it finds it.
Now what we will launch mode fastboot which is in the Android SDK. To do this do the following:
- Let a -> Start -> Run and type "cmd".
- Then we sailed back to the SDK - Come to the folder in the SDK tools for command line type the following commands:
fastboot-w and press enter (this erases all user data, except what is on the sd card) fastboot flash system system.img. In the phone pndrá percentage and when finished (ratillo, more than 2 minutes and less than 10) will OKAY fastboot boot boot.img. (DO NOT use flash) The phone will set the percentage and when finished (less than 2 seconds) will OKAY
CONTINUING WITH THE OPTION 1 (Gingerbread) - Then we will see a screen and say apply sdcard / update.zip (you can navigate using the arrows herded / down and enter or Volume Down / Up Button Camera)
- Repeat the process to install the gapps.zip (install zip from sdcard)
LAST PART- We disconnect the mobile from pc, remove the battery, put it again and turn on the phone. The first launch will take considerable time (about 10 minutes)
Notes versions 2.3.3 and 2.3.4: - These are beta versions, there may be gone and a more stable. I was not convinced: high battery consumption, so unstable with frequent crashes, the camera takes a lot of time to open, etc. - Includes GAPPS - Wifi works ok - Bluetooth and headphones stopped working. EYE if it is very important to you! - skype still have not gotten it to work. The google maps has improved a bit - is expanded to 200 MB RAM - comes with root access by default. - Supports Flash Player 10.2 - CyanogenMod 7 is based on RC4 (The beta version will be based on stable CyanogenMod 7)
NOTE on the official version 2.2 (Froyo):'I have worked with pearls: highly recommended -works all (bluetooth, headsets, GPS, maps, camera, wifi, etc) -Greatly improves battery performance
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The version I worked koreana perfect, except for one important detail. The 3G connection stopped working. The reason is that mobile brings a provider configured APN koreano, and here (at least in Spain), does not work. These are the steps to fix it with Orange, but if you have another operator, you should have no problem finding this Fact: We enter the "Settings / Wireless / Mobile Networks / APN" We create an APN to connect to the internet through the phone
Once created you have to turn off and back on the phone for the new configuration to work. OTHER NOTES: The function 'enable root' is disabled To get into the 'hidden menu', type 3845 # * 5200 # in the dialer phone
Current Affair Power Capsule 1 for SBI PO ( First set of 160 selected MCQ)
Govind Mishra1. The second Hindi writer to receive Saraswati Samman award
2013 is _____.
a) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
b) Govind Mishra
c) Gopal Singh Nepali